- The “Destination Downton Country” contest 2012 (the “Contest”) is sponsored by VisionTV.
- No purchase is required to enter the Contest or to win the Grand Prize.
- Contest opens on February 23, 2012 at 10:00am (EST) and closes on April 13, 2012 at 5:00pm (EST) (the “Contest Period”).
- All entries must be received on or before 5:00pm EST April 17, 2012.
- Chances of winning the Grand Prize or secondary prizes will depend on the number of eligible entries received in accordance with these Rules and Regulations during the Contest Period.
- Entries submitted through fraudulent means or in any way tampered with, incorrect, unclear, forged, mutilated, illegible, indecipherable or mechanically reproduced may be disqualified at the sole discretion of VisionTV.
- VisionTV is not responsible for entries lost, late, misdirected, illegible or delayed for any reason, or for any postage due.
- Only one correct entry per person, per day will be eligible. All mail-in entries must be original and hand printed. No photocopies or other reproductions permitted. Each entry must be mailed in a separate envelope with sufficient postage. To be eligible for the draw, all entries must be post-marked no later than 5:00 PM ET, April 13, 2012.
- To enter and be eligible to win you must be a permanent resident of Canada, other than the province of Quebec, of the age of majority in the province or territory at which you reside at the time of entry, and not an employee of, a member of the immediate family of, or domiciled with an employee or Board member of any division of ZoomerMedia Ltd., CARP, DHTour, London & UK Specialists, Merit Travel Group Inc. or an employee or Board member of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies. This contest is not open to residents of the province of Quebec.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter fill out the online entry form provided with your name, phone number, email address, postal code and answer to our contest question.
- By mail BEFORE MARCH 9 to: VisionTV, “Destination Downton Country”, Liberty Market Building, 171 East Liberty Street, Suite 230, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 3P6 before March 9, 2012. By mail AFTER MARCH 9 to: VisionTV, “Destination Downton Country”, ZoomerMedia Limited – Television Division 64 Jefferson Avenue, Toronto, ON, M6K 1Y4.
- By Email to: VisionTV, at email@example.com
- By Fax to: VisionTV, at (416) 368-9774
One Grand Prize will be awarded consisting of the tour Diamond Jubilee + the Land of Shakespeare and Dickens for two, inclusive of return economy air on British Airways from Toronto. The trip departs May 30, 2012 and returns June 10, 2012. Flights from other Canadian or USA airports or a change in the flight dates may result in additional costs which will be the responsibility of the winners. Diamond Jubilee + the Land of Shakespeare and Dickens tour is provided by DHTour, London & UK Specialists. The trip details are outlined below and can be found at www.dhgrouptours.com . Itinerary is subject to change without notice. Category value of the contest prize stated is approximately $10,000 including applicable air taxes and fuel surcharges. All meals, accommodations and excursions are as outlined in the itinerary. Gratuities are excluded. Diamond Jubilee + the Land of Shakespeare and Dickens tour prize to be taken as advertised, no substitutions.
DIAMOND JUBILIEE + THE LAND OF SHAKESPEARE AND DICKENS ITINERARY
Wednesday, May 30th London
Flight to London
Thursday, May 31st
Arrive London to be met by your guide. To “blow the cobwebs away” and help you forget the jet lag, we start our tour with a visit to the magnificent Blenheim Palace, north of Oxford. Given to the Duke of Marlborough by a grateful Queen Ann, and the birthplace of his even more famous descendent, Winston Churchill, the palace houses one of the finest art collections in Europe and is surrounded by “Capability” Brown parkland. Time for lunch here (not included) before travelling on, through the glorious Cotswold’s countryside, to Stratford where we check into the 4 star Mercure Shakespeare hotel, in the centre of the town, for a 3 night stay. Dinner at the hotel. www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-6630-mercure-stratford-upon-avon-shakespeare-hotel/index.shtml
Friday, June 1st
A leisurely day touring Stratford and area with visits, of course, to Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Ann Hathaway’s cottage, and Mary Arden’s House. Time allowing we will visit some pretty Cotswold’s villages such as Broadway and Chipping Camden, before returning to Stratford mid afternoon in time for you to shop or relax and have dinner on your own in one of the town’s many restaurants and pubs. At 7.15 pm we have the best seats in the house for Julius Caesar at the Royal Shakespeare Company Theatre” “I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him” Mark Anthony in Julius Caesar
Saturday, June 2nd
A morning visit to the vast medieval fortress of Kenilworth Castle now one of the most spectacular castle ruins in England. The ruins are best known as the home of Robert Dudley, the great love of Elizabeth 1st who visited here in 1575. The Elizabethan Garden, lost for 400 years, has now been lovingly re-created. We will have a lunch break at the nearby, extraordinary Coventry Cathedral, re-built after being destroyed by bombing November 14th, 1940 (lunch not included). This year is the new cathedral’s Golden Anniversary. On the way back to Stratford we will stop in Warwick to visit St Mary’s Church where Robert Dudley is entombed. You will have the option of staying a few hours in Warwick, maybe to visit the magnificent castle, or return to Stratford for some free time. Dinner at hotel or nearby restaurant.
Sunday, June 3rd
Today we depart Stratford and drive to London arriving in time for a Sunday lunch at a riverside pub in the heart of the city. We stay here for the afternoon to witness the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant as a flotilla of 1,000 boats travels along the Thames led by the Queen in the Royal Barge. Later we check in to the 4.5 star Royal Lancaster hotel, overlooking Hyde Park for our 7 night stay. www.lancasterlondon.com
Monday, June 4th
We start the morning with a guided tour of Kensington Palace, former home to Princess Diana and future home of William and Katherine, before enjoying morning tea in the Orangery. After a brief panoramic tour of the City of Westminster we will get off the bus for a Dickens & Shakespeare theme walk along the historic Southbank. Our final visit of the day will be to the Dickens House on Doughty Street and we will round the day off with a fish & chip supper at a local restaurant.
Tuesday, June 5th
Diamond Jubilee celebration
An early morning start as we head for the mighty Tower of London for a private viewing of the Crown Jewels followed by refreshments in the New Armories. After this your day is free to enjoy the Diamond Jubilee celebrations throughout the city. After the Queen attends a service at St Paul’s Cathedral there will be a formal carriage procession through the streets of London.
Wednesday, June 6th
A day away from the big city as we drive south to the naval city of Portsmouth. During the day we will visit the Historic Dockyard and view Nelson’s flagship the Victory and the museum of Henry 8th’s Mary Rose. We also visit the house where Charles Dickens was born in 1812 and enjoy the sea airs in Southsea with, time permitting a quick visit to the D-Day museum. On the way back to London we stop at the charming village of Chawton for visit to Jane Austen’s House and afternoon tea.
Thursday, June 7th
Morning visit to Windsor Castle, the largest occupied castle in Europe and summer home to the Queen and her family. The Queen’s parents and grandparents are buried here in St. George’s Chapel as is her great ancestor, Henry 8th. Then it is on the Henry’s great palace at Hampton Court, where we will enjoy a private tour and luncheon, followed by time to wander the palace and gardens, before returning to London. (The palace closes at 6.00pm you will have the option to stay on in the Hampton area if you wish and return to London by train).
Friday, June 8th
Train from London to Rochester for a full day at the Dickens Festival, including a guided walking tour. Dickens was raised in the Rochester/Chatham area and died in Rochester on June 9th, 1870. This annual festival is full of the sights, sounds and characters of Dickensian London. Return to London independently by train whenever you wish.
Saturday, June 9th
Free day in London to shop, visit galleries or museums, etc. Meet for an early evening, farewell dinner in the Borough Market, followed by a performance at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre on the Southbank. The Globe stands a few hundred yards from its original sight of some 400 years ago and was the brainchild of the pioneering American actor and director, Sam Wanamaker. It was opened by the Queen in June 1997. Fittingly the performance we will see is Shakespeare’s tribute to monarchy, Henry V. “Once more into the breach dear friends, once more” King Henry in Henry V
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Transfer to airport
Transfer to airport for flight home, unless extending your stay.
NOT INCLUDED: Optional excursions, some meals, beverages (other than those included with meals), beauty and spa treatments, gratuities, out of country travel insurance, visas (if required), vaccinations, laundry or other items of a personal nature. Winner and travel companion must adhere to DHTour, London & UK Specialists rules and requirements for trip passengers such as insurance, baggage limitations and other such terms and conditions as may be required by DHTour, London & UK Specialists.
- Contest winner and travel companion are solely responsible for all costs, fees and expenses associated with getting from winner’s and travel companion’s home(s) to winner’s and travel companion’s Canadian city of departure and getting back home from the same chosen city, as well as all other costs and expenses including: emergency medical and air evacuation insurance, travel insurance, spending money, any applicable taxes and duties as well as any additional expenses (including, but not limited to, hotel accommodation in the Canadian city of departure prior to boarding the flight, laundry, alcoholic beverages, phone calls, purchases in hotel shops, bar or spa, medical fees and any and all fees, costs or disbursements associated with any delays or itinerary changes).
- Airline departure, arrival and routing details to the city of embarkation and home at the end of the Diamond Jubiliee + the Land of Shakespeare and Dickens tour will be booked at the discretion of DHTour, London & UK Specialists.
- The Diamond Jubiliee + the Land of Shakespeare and Dickens Tour departs Toronto, Canada Wednesday, May 30, 2012 and returns Sunday, June 10, 2012. The tour prize must be taken as advertised, no substitutions.
- Approximate retail value of the prize is $CDN 10,000.
- The Grand Prize may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. The Grand Prize may not be sold, redeemed for cash, combined with any other promotion, exchanged for a different trip or for different departure/arrival dates or cities.
(10) Ten secondary prizes, each consisting of a Downton Abbey CD, courtesy of Universal Music Canada and the book “The World of Downton Abbey” by Jessica Fellowes, courtesy of Raincoast Book Distribution Ltd and St. Martin’s Press.
Approximate value of the prize is: $54.50 CAD
GRAND PRIZE SELECTION
1. There will be one (1) random draw conducted for the Grand Prize from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The draw will be conducted by VisionTV personnel and held at 5:00pm EST on April 19, 2012 at the VisionTV offices located at 64 Jefferson Avenue, Toronto, ON, M6K 1Y4.
2. The selected entrant will be notified by email or by telephone no later than 5pm on April 20, 2012. The winner has until 5pm on April 23, 2012 to confirm receipt of the Grand Prize notification and acceptance of the prize subject to these Rules and Regulations. Failure to confirm receipt of Grand Prize notification or acceptance of the Grand Prize by the stated deadline means the winner forfeits the Grand Prize and the Grand Prize will then be awarded to an alternate winner selected by random draw from all remaining eligible entries.
SECONDARY PRIZE SELECTION
1. There will be ten (10) random draws conducted for the secondary prizes from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The draw will be conducted by VisionTV personnel and held at 5:00pm EST on April 19, 2012 at the VisionTV offices located at 64 Jefferson Avenue, Toronto, ON, M6K 1Y4.
2.The selected entrants will be notified by email, or by telephone no later than 5pm on April 20, 2012. Secondary Prizes will be mailed to the winners.
1. In the event the winner and/or winner’s travel companion is/are not eligible/able to travel on the dates selected, the prize will be forfeited, no substitution or transfer of the Grand Prize may be permitted and the Grand Prize value will not be given to winner or winner’s travel companion. Dates of departure and return are subject to change. In the event the Grand Prize is not available for any reason outside the control of VisionTV, an alternative prize equal to the estimated approximate retail value of the prize will be provided.
2. Winner and travel companion must have valid travel documents (i.e., valid photo identification, etc.) prior to departure or prize will be forfeited. Winner and companion are solely responsible for obtaining and/or renewing travel documents in order to travel. VisionTV assumes no liability for ensuring winner and/or travel companion are eligible/able to travel. Certain restrictions may apply to air travel, and air reservations are subject to availability. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply and choice of airline is at the sole discretion of DHTour, London & UK Specialists. Winner and travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary to and from the same departure/arrival city.
3. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold ZoomerMedia Ltd., CARP, DHTour, London & UK Specialists and their respective agencies, affiliates, parent(s), subsidiaries, agents, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone else involved in the development, production or handling of the Contest and their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out acceptance or use of the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to, travel-related injuries and/or death. Winner and travel companion assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, whatsoever and howsoever arising, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of the Grand Prize.
4. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must:
(i) sign and return a standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with Contest Rules and Regulations, consenting to the use, without further compensation, of winner’s (and travel companion’s) name, address (city only) and photograph(s) in any Contest-related publicity and releasing ZoomerMedia Ltd., CARP, DHTour, London & UK Specialists and their respective agencies, affiliates, parent(s), subsidiaries, agents, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone else involved in the development, production or handling of the Contest and their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns from all liability arising in connection with the Contest or the acceptance, use or redemption of the Grand Prize as awarded. The declaration and release must be returned to VisionTV within ten (10) days after receipt of the declaration and release from VisionTV.
5. Companion must also sign and return a release form prior to travel. If the winner’s travel companion is not of age of majority at the time the prize is awarded, winner must provide confirmation, satisfactory to VisionTV, that companion has the consent of the companion’s parents or legal guardian to accompany the winner as well as a release form signed by companion’s parents or legal guardian. If companion, or parents or legal guardian, does not sign and return the release form prior to travel, companion will not be permitted to travel and no compensation or prize substitution will be awarded.
6. By entering, all entrants agree to adhere to, and abide by, these Contest Rules and Regulations. The decisions of VisionTV with respect to any Contest matter are final.
7. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and bylaws. Quebec residents are not eligible to enter the Contest.
8. For winner information, please contact Mary-Catherine Snelgrove, Publicity and Promotions Manager, ZoomerMedia: firstname.lastname@example.org