PROTECT YOUR VISION
HELP KEEP VISIONTV IN 10 MILLION HOUSEHOLDS ON BASIC CABLE AND SATELLITE
The CRTC intervention phase of our Protect Your Vision campaign has now wrapped up. We would like to take this opportunity to extend our sincere and heartfelt thanks to all of our valued viewers and advocates for lending your support to our CRTC application for VisionTV to remain on basic cable and satellite. We are overwhelmed and deeply touched that thousands of you took the time to express what VisionTV means to you and why it’s imperative that we continue to be available and affordable as part of your basic cable/satellite service. We look forward to bringing you more of the best in inspiring, informative, unique and diverse programming.
You can still contact your cable and satellite provider and your local MP to express your support for VisionTV to remain on basic.
WATCH THIS VIDEO FOR MORE INFO
Media Visionary and ZoomerMedia Founder Moses Znaimer and One Free World International Founder Rev. Majed El Shafie were recent guests on The Drew Marshall Show to discuss the importance of VisionTV remaining available on basic cable, how our viewers can help it stay that way and how our programming represents and celebrates freedom of religion and cultural diversity. LISTEN HERE OR BELOW.
ZoomerMedia founder Moses Znaimer talked with Dale Goldhawk about the problems we could face connecting with our loyal viewership and how you can help us remain available and accessible on basic cable and satellite.
Listen to this Goldhawk Fights Back Podcast:
For the past 25 years VisionTV has been Canada’s, actually, the World’s only national multi-faith and multi-cultural television service. Typically, we provide airtime and national distribution to 75-90 faith-based Producers yearly. This includes Christian programming from Canadian and U.S. based ministries, South Asian religious and cultural programming including Muslim, Hindu and Sikh groups, as well as programs from Buddhist, Jewish and non-denominational groups from time to time.
Vision features programs that celebrate a variety of religious holidays and holy days. It offers Canadian documentaries and Canadian, British and American entertainment programming that deals with the spiritual, moral, ethical and social issues and values. VisionTV is the country’s Exclusive Broadcaster for Interfaith Dialogue.
NOW, VISIONTV NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT.
VisionTV is today available on basic cable and satellite services; meaning it can be seen in 10 million households across Canada. It’s made available at an extremely affordable consumer-friendly rate of 12 cents per subscriber per month; the lowest on basic cable and satellite.
But here’s the problem. Under new CRTC rules, cable and satellite providers can now remove VisionTV from the “basic” package. This means that VisionTV may suddenly become difficult for you to find and access. You will likely have to pay more and not all the programs you love may be available to you.
WE ARE ASKING YOU TO PROTECT YOUR VISION.
As Canada and the world’s only national multi-faith and multi-cultural television service, it’s vital that VisionTV remains available and accessible for our loyal and valued viewers, as well as for new viewers to discover what we have to offer. Support VisionTV’s application to the CRTC for continued distribution on basic cable and satellite services.
- Call and write your local MP, and copy us
- Call and write your cable or satellite provider, and copy us
- Get the conversation started in your own community.
Please do it and let us know you’ve done it. See how below.
Email a copy to: [email protected].
Thank you for your support.
HOW TO WRITE YOUR LETTER OF SUPPORT
Your letter should be personal – in your own words.
The letter should state:
- The importance of VisionTV to you personally, your faith group or your community.
- The importance of VisionTV for creating a place where religions and races can meet.
- The importance of VisionTV to Canada’s multi-cultural and new immigrant communities.
- VisionTV not only reaches, but actually speaks to and for Canada’s 45+ demographic.
- VisionTV/Zoomer Television is at the base of a new network or system targeted at the 45+ that
includes Zoomer Radio and Zoomer Magazine. Taken together they constitute a new instrument
for effective low cost contact with the new centre of Canada’s demographic gravity, the 45+; and
so should remain widely accessible to Canadians.
FOR LETTERS TO YOUR MP
- Go to http://www.elections.ca/home.aspx
- Type your postal code (in the middle of the Elections Canada page)
- Click the link under “Your Member of Parliament”
- Click on the email address of your Member of Parliament
- Write and send your email, and send a copy to us at [email protected]
or by regular letter to:
Attn: Protect Your Vision
64 Jefferson Avenue
FOR LETTERS TO YOUR CABLE OR SATELLITE PROVIDER
- Go to http://www.visiontv.ca/get-visiontv/
- Find the cable or satellite provider in your area
- Call the number listed or click on the website
- Generally the procedure to send your email is to click “Contact Us”, then the general “Comment” or “Complaint” link
- Copy us at the email address or mailing address above